Just cooking is working in partnership with Weber to run grill academy classes. Please click here to see details
Just cooking is proudly supported by Magimix kitchen appliances please click here for more details
Cooking the perfect steak
Radio Kerry - Serves 4
- 4 Striploin steaks (8-10 oz in weight)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Tips from the chef
Other cuts of steak vary in cooking time, for example a fillet steak is thicker and can take longer to cook.
- Pre heat the oven to 190-200c.
- Heat a grill pan on the stove until very hot.
- Brush the steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks on the grill pan and colour well on both sides. The steak will be rare at this stage.
- Place the steaks on a tray and cook in the oven.
- As a cooking guide for an 8 oz Sirloin steak, medium rare 2 minutes, medium 3-4 minutes and well done 10 minutes or more.
- Remove the steaks from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.